Our Department maintains exchange programs for both students and faculty with leading international universities:
These exchange programs facilitate study abroad and reflect a larger network for research opportunities. We are also part of CIVICA – The European University of Social Sciences, which unites eight leading European higher education institutions in the social sciences, humanities, business management, and public policy. In the global context, we are a founding member of OSUN - Open Society University Network.
Erasmus exchanges are open to PhD and 2-year MA students in their second year.
MA students in their second year have the option of participating in an exchange program exclusively during the fall semester of their second year.
PhD students are eligible to participate in this exchange only after successfully completing their first year of course work at CEU and passing their preliminary tests and PhD proposal defense.
Students interested in applying for an Erasmus exchange the following academic year must write a statement of purpose addressing the following:
1. why they need to study abroad at the university of their choice;
2. how specific classes and specialists at the host institution will broaden their intellectual horizons;
3. how they will meet the program requirements overall given that they will be away from CEU during the Erasmus exchange period; and
4. how they will address their thesis writing goals in their absence
This statement is due on 1 February for students interested in participating in the exchange the following academic year, and it must be accompanied by a letter from the student's supervisor indicating her/his approval and explaining why studying abroad is critical for the student to achieve her/his academic goals. It is the student's obligation to notify the adviser well in advance of the deadline of this letter.
It is the student's responsibility to prepare ahead and develop a workable plan with her/his supervisor and the Director of the 2 YR MA Program or PhD Program to satisfy any program requirements missed while studying abroad on an Erasmus exchange. This is especially critical for thesis writing courses. While the Department would be accommodating to ensure that the student has a beneficial time abroad, a workable plan must be developed well in advance of departure .
Semester dates at other universities sometimes conflict. Thus, in addition to presenting the committee with a statement of purpose and a list of planned classes, a student's statement must also include a reference to the host university's academic calendar, and if there is a conflict, the student must outline how to resolve it.
Erasmus Exchange Agreements: https://acro.ceu.edu/erasmus-partner-universities
· Sciences Po, Paris, France
· Bocconi University, Milan, Italy
· Erasmus University Rotterdam, The Netherlands
· National School of Political and Administrative Studies, Bucharest, Romania
· London School of Economics and Political Science, UK
· Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies, Geneva, Switzerland
Here you can look up the Erasmus+ spots for your degree programme. Please, be informed that the list of current partner universities will be subject to change. The list was last updated on: 2021.09.15.
Website with information on the Erasmus Mobility Program: https://acro.ceu.edu/erasmus-for-ceu-students
OSUN Student Mobility Partners: https://acro.ceu.edu/osun-graduate-mobility-program
· American University of Central Asia, Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
· Bard College, NY, USA
· BRAC University, Dhaka, Bangladesh
· Central European University, Vienna, Austria
· Universidad de los Andes, Bogotá, Colombia
· University of Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa
Institutional Erasmus Coordinator
Office: QS Room C416
Should you need to contact us personally, we are happy to arrange individual online or in-person meetings. Please let us know at least 2 working days in advance by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that all documents submitted for signature will be returned no sooner than 2 working days.
OSUN Graduate Mobility Program Officer:
Phone: +36 1 327-3000 x7474